List of institutions with a program for „Research in Pairs“ in mathematics
- American Institute of Mathematics (AIM), San Jose
program: SQuaRE ♦ participants: 4-6 („Preference is given to groups which contain a mix of junior and senior researchers, and to groups which have participants from North America“) ♦ duration: 1 week
- Banff International Research Station (BIRS)
program: Focused Research Groups ♦ participants: up to 8 ♦ duration: 1-2 weeks
program: Research in Teams ♦ participants: 2-4 ♦ duration: 1-2 weeks
- Centre International de Rencontres Mathématiques (CIRM), Luminy
program: Research in Pairs ♦ participants: up to 4 ♦ duration: 1-2 weeks
- Henri Poincaré Institute (IHP), Paris
program: Research in Paris ♦ participants: not specified ♦ duration: maximum 6 weeks
- Oberwolfach Research Institute for Mathematics (MFO)
program: Research in Pairs ♦ participants: 2-4 ♦ duration: 2-4 weeks
Reviews for Zentralblatt Math
- Zbl 07324213 Boedihardjo. C*-algebras isomorphically representable on lp. Anal. PDE 13 (2020), 2173-2181.
- Zbl 1464.37010 Ma. Invariant ergodic measures and the classification of crossed product C*-algebras. J. Funct. Anal. 276 (2019), 1276-1293.
- Zbl 1464.46065 Wang. On invariants of C*-algebras with the ideal property. J. Noncommut. Geom. 12 (2018), 1199-1225.
- Zbl 1398.46047 Kirchberg, Sierakowski. Strong pure infiniteness of crossed products, Ergodic Theory Dyn. Syst. 38 (2018), 220-243.
- Zbl 1398.46043 Ng, Skoufranis. Closed convex hulls of unitary orbits in certain simple real rank zero C*-algebras, Can. J. Math. 69 (2017), 1109-1142.
- Zbl 06782215 Castillejos. Decomposable approximations and approximately finite dimensional C*-algebras. Math. Proc. Camb. Philos. Soc. 162 (2017), 1-12.
- Zbl 1376.46042 Hirshberg, Wu. The nuclear dimension of C*-algebras associated to homeomorphisms, Adv. Math. 304 (2017), 56-89.
- Zbl 1351.46055 Li, Fang. The (**)-Haagerup property for C*-algebras, Chin. Ann. Math., Ser. B 37 (2016), 367-372.
- Zbl 1351.46051 Eilers, Li, Ruiz. The isomorphism problem for semigroup C*-algebras of right-angled Artin monoids, Doc. Math., J. DMV 21 (2016), 309-343.
- Zbl 1357.47087 Voiculescu. Some C*-algebras which are coronas of non-C*-Banach algebras, J. Geom. Phys. 105 (2016), 123-129.
- Zbl 1339.46051 Robert, Rørdam. Divisibility properties for C*-algebras, Proc. Lond. Math. Soc. (3) 106 (2013), 1330-1370.
- Zbl 1319.46043 Tikuisis. Nuclear dimension, Z-stability, and algebraic simplicity for stably projectionless C*-algebras, Math. Ann. 358 (2014), 729-778.
- Zbl 1268.46041 Robert, Classification of inductive limits of 1-dimensional NCCW complexes, Adv. Math. 231 (2012), 2802-2836.
- Zbl 1255.46030 Antoine, Perera, Santiago. Pullbacks, C(X)-algebras, and their Cuntz semigroup, J. Funct. Anal. 260 (2011), 2844-2880.
Websites of some Operator Algebraists
Some Collected Quotes
- „You have to allow for C*-algebras without projections. But that’s another day at the office.“ (George Elliott, about the generalization of a result from simple unital to simple projectionless C*-algebras. Workshop Cuntz semigroups, Münster, July 2021.)
- „I am not a scholar, but I get around.“ (George Elliott, when discussing with the audience whether the uniqueness of the commutation relations and the characterization of compacts by a unique irreducible representation was due to von Neummann in 1931 or Naimark in 1951. Barcelona Conference on C*-algebras: Structure, Classification and Dynamics, June 2017)
- „No animals are killed in this process.“ (George Elliott, about a classification functor that doesn’t „kill“ any automorphisms. Barcelona Conference on C*-algebras: Structure, Classification and Dynamics, June 2017)
- „It’s worse than nothing. Apologies to the experts.“ (George Elliott, towards Ilijas Farah about the shortcomings of the quotient R/Q as a topological or Boral space. Barcelona Conference on C*-algebras: Structure, Classification and Dynamics, June 2017)
- „I would think there is more than one way to get dressed in the morning, and it would still be satisfactory.“ (George Elliott, When discussing canonical vs. natural, and that natural does not mean unique. Barcelona Conference on C*-algebras: Structure, Classification and Dynamics, June 2017)
- „Life’s too short to worry about nonseparable things.“ (Cornel Pasnicu, at the Barcelona Conference on C*-algebras: Structure, Classification and Dynamics, June 2017. According to Pasnicu this is a quote of Mackey.)